Maxim Achkasov is a versatile and methodical Russian language teacher with a practical and ‘hands-on’ approach, who perseveres to always achieve the best possible results in his students. He was born and grew up in Russia. Currently, he lives and works in Kiev, Ukraine.
He has been actively involved in teaching since 2002. He has earned the Diploma in the Methods of Teaching Russian as a Foreign Language, Moscow M.V. Lomonosov State University. He also has obtained two degrees (B.A., M.A.) from the University of Manchester.
Being a diligent educator, he has taken opportunities to expand his knowledge in Second Language acquisition and other work-related fields. He has been honored to instruct a variety of students from various social backgrounds, knowledge, age and education. Over the years, he has been committed to his students and personal development as a language teacher and counselor.
He has come to believe that:
- Students should be treasured, respected, nurtured, praised, and encouraged;
- Every student, regardless of socioeconomic or ethnic background, deserves the same quality instruction and challenging learning experiences;
- Each student should be challenged to develop critical-thinking skills and become a lifelong learner;
- Students should be stimulated and motivated so realize their full potential;
- Modern technology is one of the most useful ways to teach Russian as a Foreign or Second Language.
To find more about Maxim Achkasov's education and experience, please, proceed to his LinkedIn page.